Anyone come across these guys... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Anyone come across these guys... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Berneray

Met with potential customers last week via a lead from Price Engines....

When I arrived they hit me with this flyer they had picked up in a branch of Direct Flooring......

Apparently they are offering fixed price installations via their network of flooring showrooms.....

Here are their prices:

2 kwp system fully installed for £3995
3 kwp system fully installed for £4995
4 kwp system fully installed for £5995

Heres their website Solar Panels for your Home - Fully Installed | Direct Solar

Even if they are using cheap unheard of chinese panels and inverters how on earth can they offer these prices...

They can do it as most likely they are importing their own kits, we could do that deal if we wanted, probably actually shave some money off it to be fair, but we wont as we feel that as a wholesaler it is not right or fair to install as well, because you are then competing against your own customers.

lol - every photo on that site is a stock image, and they've even got photos of some not very professional looking installers installing a top of the range SunPower full black system... no way they're installing those systems at those prices.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Anyone come across these guys...

Looks like miss selling to me. At least they need to dislay pictures of the systems they're actually installing IMO.

oh and then there are the solar slates... yeah right.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Anyone come across these guys...

sod it, I'm banging in a complaint to REAL on these grounds.

On a completely different note. I was speaking to a potential customer today and he said that he had had a quote that stated income of £1600 a year based on 5500 kWh a year from a 4 kWp pv system

I had to laugh and I said you might get that kind of output......in Spain:shades_smile:

I think that deserves a REAL complaint as well

I'm wanted to draw your attention to the company Direct Solar, part of the Direct Flooring group, who've recently started selling 2, 3, and 4kWp solar systems at very low fixed prices - £5995 fixed price for a 4kWp installation.

http://www.directsolar.co.uk

My complaints are.

1. They're advertising as being REAL members but don't appear on your membership list
  2. They're advertising as being MCS accredited but don't appear on the MCS list
  3. They don't specify whether the price includes VAT, scaffolding, what the equipment is etc.
  4. They use 8 stock images to illustrate their site, only 2 of which could possibly represent the panels they're offering, which must be silver framed poly crystalline panels at those prices, yet 2 of the pictures show about the most expensive, most exclusive panels on the UK market - the SunPower signature black panels, 1 shows an extremely expensive solar slate system, and 2 others show black framed panels which I'm certain they can't be offering at those prices. If they're offering only fixed price installations, they should only be allowed to use pictures showing those installations, or at least similar looking panels, rather than showing pictures of the best looking panels on the market that they couldn't possibly be offering.
  5. They're claiming their systems are 50% cheaper than other installers, but I know our cheapest 4kWp systems are only 15% higher than theirs, and don't think anyone is still charging £12,000 for a standard 4kWp installation, so this is a blatant lie.
I'd appreciate it if you could step in to ensure they use fair marketing and sales practices if they are Real members, and force them to stop claiming REAL and MCS status if they don't have it as a matter of urgency.

Reply to Anyone come across these guys... in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net