Anyone had an Eco Eye problem | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Anyone had an Eco Eye problem in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BruceB

-
Arms
Reaction score
One of my customers has a problem with his Eco-Eye installed in the early months of this year. He is a couple of hours away deep in Wales and about to be abroad for awhile so I am unlikely to get there soon. As far as I was concerned it was a simple install: double decker house CU, solar pv mini-CU and tails from import meter were all available in the utility room and the kitchen with the display unit was in the next room. Anyone had similar symptoms?

".....There has to be one unit that is less than 100%, and that is the Eco-eye. It's a good thing you showed me how to restart the sender unit because it stopped sending every other day at the beginning. I moved the receiver closer, but that didn't do any good, and gradually the time of transmission has increased so that it needs restarting once a week these days. I have tried to download the data, and failed miserably, I do not even get the 'base screen' which the instructions refer to. Son and heir has promised to help, but we are all a trifle frantic with other activities at the moment .........."

Silly question this: - has he tried replacing the batteries in the transmitter? When they dorp below a certian voltage the transmitters will behave like that. (not cheapo batteries that last 2 mins, some decent quality ones..)

Dunno about Eco Eye, but I've been to the eye hospital three times in as many months with an eye infection that's been giving me hell. It's turned my eyeballs red and the pain is like having multiple needles shove into my eyes.

I have ointment & drops to put in them, but they're not doing much to help .... and I have cataracts developing too, and all you have to worry about is a little glitch in you solar heating carry on!!!

Come on Geordie, I thought you boys were tough up there...

Oh, and you haven't started writing for the Mail have you, an Eco Eye is a device for reading an electric meter, in this case a generation meter on PV, not Solar heating..

Dunno about Eco Eye, but I've been to the eye hospital three times in as many months with an eye infection that's been giving me hell. It's turned my eyeballs red and the pain is like having multiple needles shove into my eyes.

I have ointment & drops to put in them, but they're not doing much to help .... and I have cataracts developing too, and all you have to worry about is a little glitch in you solar heating carry on!!!
are you sure you're not just permanently hungover?

That's what I look and feel like on a hangover anyway these days.

Come on Geordie, I thought you boys were tough up there...

Oh, and you haven't started writing for the Mail have you, an Eco Eye is a device for reading an electric meter, in this case a generation meter on PV, not Solar heating..

Haha ..... ok thanks for that!

Just goes to show you're never too old to learn something new. :)

Reply to Anyone had an Eco Eye problem in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net