Assessment Worries. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Assessment Worries. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wcampbell

Hi all.

I have my assessment coming up for my two installations and am not sure about one of them.

I've run 16mm T&E from meter in my house to CU in extension carrying 100A Main Isolator, 63A RCCB, 32A mcb socket circuit, 50A mcb shower circuit, 6A mcb light circuit.

The main DB in the house has the usual 16mm E in MET and 10mm bond to services ( TN-C-S ).

The PFC at the extension CU is 0.70 KA or 700amps and my calc is as follows:

Sq Rt 700 x 0.1 / 115 = 2mm Earth.

But the OSG says I need 16mm E conductor.

The extraneous metal work in the extension are a continuation from main house so no bonding needed at extension CU.

Do I need to run 16mm from extension CU to MET in house as well as the 6mm E from 16mm T & E?

Thanks for any replies.

If the second DB is over 2m away from the origin of installation it is required to have an isolating switch at the origin of the supply. So you should run some tails into a KMF switch and then run you 16mm T&E and run a then you will need to run an earth 4mm+ i would say 10mm would be sufficient enough, it needs to be above 4mm as anything below will require mechanical protection. You should also make notes of your calculation for load etc as the assessor will like that.

Reply to Assessment Worries. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Good point, they do look a bit 6mm-ish when you mention it, and that is not going to last long enough for a D63 to trip! It might, on a good day...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We just left it as it was, again the customer didn't seem too bothered, dont think she wanted me digging any further.
Replies
Views
  • Question
This charger doesn't support rear entry from the looks, only bottom entry, hence that. Unless they make a white sheathed SWA, I would still need...
Replies
Views
  • Question
BS3871 type 3's have a similar shaped operating curve to BS60898 type C's. Any fault that will meet the disconnection time of 5s (for 63A...
Replies
Views
In the 80's I was taught that with PME earthing arrangements we used 16mm for the main earthing conductor, some went a bit crazy and were bonding...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks