Assessor. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Assessor. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spudnik

Chaps,

Got my yearly coming up in a couple of months and i have Paul Dudley.

Anyone been assessed by him?

what was paul dudley like when he came to do your assessment, have got mine tomorrow with him and am nervous as hell. Mainly because its my first one and dont really fancy having to pay the fee again

Have to pay a fee again is this true ?

Just in preparation for my 1st assessment and don't like the sounds of paying again should I fail not that I plan to fail but if your assessor is an arsey wot not who nit picks then surely it could become almost like a cartel

i was just going off what it said on the elecsa site. I think though if you do have any pic ups they will let you correct them and send in photographic evidence of compliance.
I must admit though,i am nervous as hell and have no idea really what to expect, apart from little bits that i am picking up from this site

Nervous as hell yeah me too and I've not even booked an appointment.

I'm doing a CU change with a new lighting circuit and a new ring final at my home for assessment purposes

would this be enough for him to assess or do you think he might want to see another location

let us know how it goes

Rich

just had my first assessment and passed thank god !! I had paul dudley, he was really good. He started off by checking all the paper work was in order, that i had all the correct reference material(bs7671 etc). then asked questions about building regs. Had to calculate whether an existing shower circuit with a 7500kw shower on it would be able to carry a 8500kw shower, asking me the calcualtions etc. then tested ze, and had a look inside a socket. tested continuity and then done an rcd test. All in all he was very informative and well im just chuffed that i passed it.

Good luck on your assessment and hopefully you will pass too.

Many thanks

rob

Best of luck ALL ! when i had mine couple of mths ago it was all straight enough their not there to catch you out and will give good advice etc the guy i had through NIC was Clive collett a contractor at Oxford was a nice guy very friendly and informative. I think they all will be the same ! He started by checking manuals ie regs/onsite/eawr/2 mill public liab insur etc then test gear and cals plus cal log & complaints procedure etc etc then the completed cert for the first job (my cu) after a cuppa and a quick chat got me to perform safe isolation on cu and had a quick peak inside then got me to do IR test on cooker circuit and cont on downstairs sockets then asked a few questions on calcs and zones in bathroom etc and that was it. My other job was an additional socket on my mothers upstairs circuit ( put in a socket in hall) few more questions and got me looking in regs to find answers and had a quick look at my work and jobs a good un left with some good compliments and i was a happy chappy !
As long as you have books/cals/know how to test/your works not shoddy or dangerous and conforms with regs your be ok.
And make them a cuppa !

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Assessor. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net