b&q lighting question | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss b&q lighting question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

amlu

-
Reaction score
hello, customer ignored my suggestion for tlc and tool station and went to b&q to buy his lights :(
brought something similiar to those

Bellatrix 2 Light Clear Glass Bar Spot, 0000005262366

told him that the metal box with connections cant be flushed into the ceiling (screws holding it are on the sides)
and fixed like it is will look crap.
are those lights designed to look crap or is there some special way of installing them?

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] b&q lighting question
    spacer.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 100
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] b&q lighting question
    bq.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 54
I fitted a light with the same base, the light I fitted had 2 cables and balance weights with pulleys so you could adjust the height. Anyway my customer said it should have been flush to the ceiling, anyway I pointed out the fixing screws on the side.
he even suggested me cutting a rectangle hole in the ceiling (lath and plaster) in the end I told him it wouldn't be possible due to the joists being in the way, not the whole truth but it got him off my back!

The amount of lights that I have struggled with that get bought from B and Q or online! They look great but have virtually no room for connections. They make a half hour job into an hour by the time you have chopped out cables and plaster.

Unfortunately it is not just B&Q, my customers seem to dig these horrible things up from everywhere. I even had one that claimed to be double insulated with a metal case and the cable coming in through a hole in the case. The transformer inside was double insulated. Manufacturers instructions said do not modify but I stuck a grommet in anyway.

refused to install another one today, for a bathroom, been telling them couple of times about ip ratings and spraying the light with a shower...well looked like they got it and went to give it back. awaiting tlc delivery and coming back there soon.

Reply to b&q lighting question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back