baldor 1 hp ac motor wiring from 110 to 220 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss baldor 1 hp ac motor wiring from 110 to 220 in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tuesdayschild

Please help, I'm using a Baldor 1hp 110ac motor in Italy (220) with a transformer, It's causing many problems with heating, I was told that changing the wiring the motor could run from 110 to 220 except i have no diagram and the 9 wires coming out of the housing are all the same color with numbers on them, I'd appreciate if someone could give me the combination on how to wire it to run on 220

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume that by changing the wiring from delta to star would allow you to use a higher voltage. so connect the back end of the motor windings together. Now the fun bit would be working out which motor windings are which =-)
Get out your resistance tester and have some fun.

Also a photo of the data label might assist us.

Sorry didnt get back to you, on PM ive been out, its seems to be a single phase motor if im correct but when i go on Baldor website the details you've provided relate to several models so do need a model no' which isnt detailed on the info you gave me.

Spec 356774 x 606
frame 56
series f887
hp 1 saw duty te
volts 115/208-230
Amps 13.6 / 6.8
rpm 1725
Hz 60
Ph - 1 Class F

Hope you can enlighten him peter as its not a motor ive used and struggle to find online it seems to be missing a model no' of which i think should start with C56H_ _ _ _ (4 digit no' missing)

Last edited:
well if it a single phase motor, my comments are completely irrelevant ;-)
Was my first assumption it was 3ph when i saw it well until i read the plate info suggesting its single phase. Having 9 wires on a single phase motor seems alot but possible you only connecting to a certain tapping point on winding for voltage needed, as well as possible connections for thermal monitor and/or capacitor start/run etc. If you lucky tuesdays child you will get a reply on here as i believe we have a few motor rewind engineers floating about although their names elude me.

Thanks for the reply, The motor has no model number on it only the info. i listed
like you i've been on the baldor site and can't identify this motor.
Regards

Could be made for the machine builder by Baldor, I have customers with a few machines that have motors on them built for them.
Standard ratings & frame sizes, but just a little unique so that you have to go back to the machine builder, or, modify a standard motor.

Perhaps something like this machine is it:

Husqvarna Tilematic ® TS 250 X3 - Masonry Tile Sawing and Saws

If so, in the specs it says motor built by Baldor especially for Husqvarna!

Would need pics of motor, windings and probably have to test to positively prove, else, ask maker for specs, or check the machine manual on how to change.

If it is using a squirrel with various winding lengths (sorry no idea what they are called) then you might be on to something.

Again precise multimeter, what is the resistance between the wires.
if you can find the 'neutral' the resistance of the winding will increase until furthest away. Try the lowest resistance between n and a confirmed winding and you should be good to go...try it with your transformer first, try different points to get it as slow as possible then up the voltage.

all down to how good you are at problem solving and multimeters.

Reply to baldor 1 hp ac motor wiring from 110 to 220 in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net