Bathroom electrics ( Recessed wylex board ) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bathroom electrics ( Recessed wylex board ) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mikeymoo

Any help or advice would be great...

Builder called me today, saying he's refitting a bathroom. And needs me to do electrical work. Done this type of work for him many times .

But this one isnt so straight forward. Needs new IP lighting, Ex fan, and supply for shower.
Takes a look at the board and finds its an old wylex fuse board thats been converted to accept breakers.
Normaly would fit 2 way board with 63amp RCD Incomer. Or RCBO's if the existing board could accept them. Worse case would be replacement consumer unit.

Now my problem is where the incoming supply/meter is located.. about 6 meters away outside In a wall mounted cabinet. The existing tails run through conduit between the brick cavity of the house, making it even worse by the fact it also goes around the corner of the building. Now this would prove a total pain to replace the tails or install another set for a two way board. Now am not aware of any RCBO's that fit this type of wylex board..

Any tips or solutions would be great. Come across this type of board before bit supply/meter was only ever a few feet away.

Thanks for the replies..
Again i would normally use a henley block as suggested. But this board is a recessed type in the hallway wall.
If it was under the stairs or in a cupboard i would do just that. There isnt anywhere practical for me to mount a henley block.. Any other suggestions or info on where a henley block can be mounted with regards to the regs..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bathroom electrics ( Recessed wylex board ) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net