Bathroom spot lights flickering | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bathroom spot lights flickering in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James Sutton

:confused:Hi All

Have a problem in a bathroom When i turn the lights on they start to flicker and sometimes go off completely then turn the switch back on and there fine no flickering.

The lights are 4 50w 240v spot lights there is an addvent extact fan fitted aswell what comes off the switch line. Have looked at the terminations in the ceiling all appear to be good.

Could it be that the motor is an inductive load and are not agreeing with the spot lights is it only seems to happend when turning the lights on.

Any Thoughts

James

Hi,
If they are the 12v low voltage type (lamp has 2 pins), check the transformer and make sure that each light fitting has one transformer and its not one transformer per two light fittings.

Also, check the actual lamp holders, They sometimes play up as well.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Sav

Hi,
If they are the 12v low voltage type (lamp has 2 pins), check the transformer and make sure that each light fitting has one transformer and its not one transformer per two light fittings.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Sav
the op states 240v lights. As to answer your question it sounds like a lose wire or a dodgy switch.

Thanks

Surpose it would be best to check the terminations in the lotf to see if there are any bad terminations did replace the 240v 50w lamps with LED lamps and doesnt seem to do it anymore?

Thanks for the help everyone

if all the lights are flashing then its probably at the start of your circuit, eg switch connections or the 1st sw live/neutral connections in loft.
if it their steady on n off then check their not overheating under insulation.
bgee

Old cord pull switch could be dodgy. Try isolating the fan and seeing if you still get the problem or i suppose the proper way to go is isolate the whole circuit and do continuity tests.

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Sav

Why can you not have more than one lamp per transformer? I thought it was the VA capacity of the TX that determined ho many lamps it could power.

Reply to Bathroom spot lights flickering in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net