Bathroom storage heater change | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bathroom storage heater change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jambo151

Hi there

I've been asked by a customer to do a like for like swap of a 850W storage heater in a bathroom (outside of zones).
Currently there is a switch on the wall on the landing for isolation and a JB on the wall next to the heater. Is it necessary/adviseable to fit a switched FCU in place of the JB with a 5A fuse and do away with the landing switch? Also would that warrant a Minor Works cert with the associated tests?

Apologies if it's a dumb question, still gaining experience!!

Thanks

Hi there

I've been asked by a customer to do a like for like swap of a 850W storage heater in a bathroom (outside of zones).
Currently there is a switch on the wall on the landing for isolation and a JB on the wall next to the heater. Is it necessary/adviseable to fit a switched FCU in place of the JB with a 5A fuse and do away with the landing switch? Also would that warrant a Minor Works cert with the associated tests?

Apologies if it's a dumb question, still gaining experience!!

Thanks

tell me you didn't mean a JB on the wall!

I don't really like storage heaters in bathrooms due to people tend to put wet towels on top of the vents
I love this happening, the amount of winter call outs you get at a fee of 1 hour to reset the unit :) Then you ask the customer if they have put anything over the heater and they always deny it! Did 2 last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I meant an enclosure, not a JB. IP44 rated. Being outside zones this ok isn't it?
Connector plate?

Reply to Bathroom storage heater change in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net