Currently reading:
Bedroom First Fix Recommendations

Discuss Bedroom First Fix Recommendations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GT1

Hello.

Im in the process of renovating a 1940's semi, and have the first bedroom stripped back to bare brick, with a new plasterboard ceiling awaiting plastering. So im first fixing it essentially. Ive put replaced lighting and put some extra 2 gang sockets in and cable is set ready for connection later as I move through the house.

However...
On the wall which faces where the bed will go, Im wanting to provide for a wall mounted TV, (which is pretty much the norm, think teenager, Xbox, Sky, Virgin TV etc etc).
Ive fitted labgear quadplex media plates before, and was wondering if this is the best way forward here. Although "futureproofing" isnt my main goal with this, there's an element to it.
Im mainly wondering about whether its worth laying in HDMI, and having a wall mounted HDMI socket. Possibly some speaker connections. ? Would be very easy to fit some ceiling mounted speakers while im at it..?
Suggestions.?

Cheers in advance..

I personally have 2 outlet plates, 1 bottom and 1 top with a HDMI running between the two. Reason being as nice as media plates look it means buying 3 HDMI cables as well as other expensive extras

I suppose if you run some large trunking between the two you can future proof it a bit as it will allow the pulling of extra cable

Top idea with connecting the two hdmi's from bottom to top..!

I might be wrong. But does the Xbox connect wirelessly ?

Also I'm a bit of a stranger with sky multi room and the like. However can I take some standard satellite coax to the media plate (twinned) and would that suffice for virgin TV if the set top box was downstairs. ?

not sure about the wireless i haven't got a xbox, but the wired connection will be more stable for gaming. there are more and more things needing to connect to the net(our tv has Ethernet), so you may as well put it in while you have access.

Haha thanks fellas.
I did wonder if wired Ethernet was worth putting around the house actually as part of the refurb. I'm no I.T. expert though..!
I suppose for now it's just another cable to pull.. lol.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bedroom First Fix Recommendations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net