Bending 20mm galv conduit | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Bending 20mm galv conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is over the top granted, I'll give you all that but I'd rather we went over the top and did left a top notch job that carried on good practice from previous regs as oldboy says.
And Tony..."If the coupling is screwed firmly to the root of the thread you will not get a tighter or more electrically sound connection." yes you will get a more tighter connection by using a lockring either side of a coupling, it's the same principle as locking two nuts together to turn a thread etc.
Also bright metal to bright metal you are correct but I was talking about metal clad (painted boxes).
And as for leaving burrs on trunking!!! That's the first bad practice to be knocked out of an apprentices head!! and not very proffesional at all! just use a serrated washer, end of.
I'm glad you don't suspend from long screwed rod Engineer54 but not all jobs have the alternative luxury to do a better install.
But I do like the idea of testing conduit with a ductor tester, never seen that before, again possibly down to time/cost factor but then again when installed with lockrings and serrated washers............

But I do like the idea of testing conduit with a ductor tester, never seen that before, again possibly down to time/cost factor but then again when installed with lockrings and serrated washers............

Just used to be called conduit testers in the old days. Clare tester as they used to be called!! There not ''True'' ductor testers as such, just an ohm meter that measures through a high current (25A)!! Basically it's the only way you can really test/prove a metallic conduit/trunking containment system is solidly connected throughout!! Any loose or bad metal to metal connections would soon be found by that injected 25A...lol!!

All the bigger electrical contractors would carry such test equipment, and yes your right, they are on the expensive side!! lol!! But then most small companies and electrical sole traders wouldn't be undertaking such extensive metal containment systems, to warrant the cost of these test kits.

Reply to Bending 20mm galv conduit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net