Best advice | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Best advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hawk81

-
Reaction score
To save me repeating myself on thread after thread I thought maybe this thread could help. It is advise for those who go to call outs or to faults without their test gear. Always bring it. It makes it easier to find a fault. This excuse of I didn't have my tester makes me not believe you know what you are doing. How do you really expect to fault find with just a screwdriver and pliers. Then you come on the forum looking advice without any readings to give us. Rant over

This thread is rubbing salt in my wounds.

Last week, brought tester and spare to site.
Both didn't work, even after I fitted the spare batteries!

**** happens no matter how well you prepare.

thing is though is MY MFT holds up well.......think theres a problem with Leighs metrel though.....cant get a charge into the batterys.....so when you come to use it....its as flat as a fart.....the amount of times its conked out on me just as i am doing an IR test.....disappointing......

thing is though is MY MFT holds up well.......think theres a problem with Leighs metrel though.....cant get a charge into the batterys.....so when you come to use it....its as flat as a fart.....the amount of times its conked out on me just as i am doing an IR test.....disappointing......
Is the metrel rechargable?

Will probably find that its a pack of AA rechargable batteries in the unit, would be well worth replacing them.

Is the metrel rechargable?

Will probably find that its a pack of AA rechargable batteries in the unit, would be well worth replacing them.
well he`s tried all that .....no difference.....he`s replaced the batterys on it twice now....with no effect so he thinks it may be something to do with the charger itself.....well as it stands i`v lent him mine so he can get his to metrels in normanton.....let them have a look at it......

Reply to Best advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net