Best Alarm Systems for Domestic Property | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Best Alarm Systems for Domestic Property in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jjrules2

Hi, looking for advice on the following -

wireless alarm
2 keypads for operating alarm on/off
1 or 2 alarm sounders
4 PIR detection sensors
2 door sensors

Would have put this in the alarm section but it's locked?!

Any advice where I can get a decent alarm, don't mind paying good money for a decent one.

The alarm section is for installers only and for obvious reasons we don't just grant access to anybody in there.

So with that in mind your thread has been posted in the right place, as it's more to do with the buying of an alarm than the installation re-coding etc etc.

Suggestion is not to install any wireless system, unless it is above grade 4....there are plenty of good cheap wired systems on the market like ADE Accenta, Texecom Veratis, Scantronic All are well suited for small to large domestic premises.

Bang on tazz, texecom are dirt cheap and i think work nicley and would be my favourite, perhaps the veritas R8 or Excel would be a bit more "premier" for your needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Veritas R8 are £85 + vat. Includes Panel, 1 keypad, 3 PIRs, Odyssey bell box, battery and 100m cable. Not bad at all and they are not hard to install, just make sure you keep your cables neat in the panel to leave enough space for the battery. Unlike the last one I serviced the other week, the bloody battery flew at me with the spring tension of all wires behind it, a right mess that board.

Reply to Best Alarm Systems for Domestic Property in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net