Best chaser?? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Best chaser?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Skyba

Been reading loads of threads on here about chasing out walls, now I only really have industrial and commercial experience but I want to go it alone eventually and do more domestic work, I'm not a fan of the big sites plus there's only so many big sites within driving distance of my house and I don't like diggin away.

Anyway when I do this I'm without doubt investing in a wall chaser, just wondering what ones do people on here use and which is the best, I've seen you can get makita ones for a reasonable price and as I have makita drills it would go with my collection lol.

Also what do you guys do when making good, do you touch up the plaster yourself or get a pro in? I was going to do a quick course I'm plastering as I'm guessing it's not the most difficult thing to do unless you're doing ceilings or an entire wall.

Been reading loads of threads on here about chasing out walls, now I only really have industrial and commercial experience but I want to go it alone eventually and do more domestic work, I'm not a fan of the big sites plus there's only so many big sites within driving distance of my house and I don't like diggin away.

Anyway when I do this I'm without doubt investing in a wall chaser, just wondering what ones do people on here use and which is the best, I've seen you can get makita ones for a reasonable price and as I have makita drills it would go with my collection lol.

Also what do you guys do when making good, do you touch up the plaster yourself or get a pro in? I was going to do a quick course I'm plastering as I'm guessing it's not the most difficult thing to do unless you're doing ceilings or an entire wall.

Check ebay out....i picked this lot up for £120....so quick chasing out sockets with no making good [ElectriciansForums.net] Best chaser??. Filling in the channels for cable isnt too bad but does take practice.....people seem quite happy with my patching......just say your a spark not a plasterer but youll do your best for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can drill out the outline of a box,chisel the center out,fit the front and you wouldn't know I touched the wall.,no afterwork required

Give me one of those contraptions you pictured and I would need a dust extract system,a good mop,a large bucket of plaster,a trowel, hawkpaddle brush,some water, some time for the repair of the gaping hole,then the customer would need the decorator to visit to make it pretty again

Now my question Do you think I use that particular tool ? :wink5:

I like the Hilti ones.....best to set up with a wet n dry vac like the Stihl Industrial ones though, or the cement and brick dust can get quite harmful especially on big jobs and on big construction sites where you do loads in one room in rapid succession.... also should buy ear defenders and a perspex visor/dust mask....

I can drill out the outline of a box,chisel the center out,fit the front and you wouldn't know I touched the wall.,no afterwork required

Give me one of those contraptions you pictured and I would need a dust extract system,a good mop,a large bucket of plaster,a trowel, hawkpaddle brush,some water, some time for the repair of the gaping hole,then the customer would need the decorator to visit to make it pretty again

Now my question Do you think I use that particular tool ? :wink5:

The box cutter has a dust catcher fitted and from hearing your method i would have mine chased out and sit back watching you stitch drill! It cuts the exact size for single and doubles with as i said above.....no making good needed......watch a clip on youtube! and as for dust....when your chipping away at the middle.....surley you create some kind of dust.....and anyway.....dust sheets or rolling back carpet and underlay around the area being worked in is easy too!

Reply to Best chaser?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net