Best way to maximise export of generated electricity? | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Best way to maximise export of generated electricity? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Smidgen

DIY
Reaction score
I hope to install an 8kw panel array. I have spoken to 2 installers who both seemed a bit cagey about maximum export on a G99 Fasttrack application.
In short one says I am limited to 3.68kw (which I thought was automatic on a G98) the other said 7.68kw but was selling a 5kw inverter on the quote?

I am really confused so can anyone just tell me how to make best use of 8kw worth of panels on the SEG system, other than by using battery?

Thank you

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, first question says best way to maximise export, second question is best use of 8KW of panels, which one is it ? As obviously using the panels for self consumption is the best.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, first question says best way to maximise export, second question is best use of 8KW of panels, which one is it ? As obviously using the panels for self consumption is the best.
Not sure what you mean either.
A domestic system so home use will be first draw, but I dont want to settle for a 3.6kw if I have panels doing 6 07 7kw mor than I am using? Just asking how to achieve this.
I believe I have to buy a bigger inverter and get the installer to set it to whatever the DNO dictates, what is the maximum that can be on a Fasttrack application ? Am I likely to be allowed an export of >3.6kw by the DNO?

Not sure what you mean either.
A domestic system so home use will be first draw, but I dont want to settle for a 3.6kw if I have panels doing 6 07 7kw mor than I am using? Just asking how to achieve this.
I believe I have to buy a bigger inverter and get the installer to set it to whatever the DNO dictates, what is the maximum that can be on a Fasttrack application ? Am I likely to be allowed an export of >3.6kw by the DNO?
When you export the return on the investment is very small so you are better optimising what you install so you get the best return.
When installing a large PV setup the best way to optimise it is to install batteries what is the point in selling electricity to the grid for 5 or 6p / Kw and then buying it back when you are not generating at circa 30p / Kw

When you export the return on the investment is very small so you are better optimising what you install so you get the best return.
When installing a large PV setup the best way to optimise it is to install batteries what is the point in selling electricity to the grid for 5 or 6p / Kw and then buying it back when you are not generating at circa 30p / Kw
Well I was hoping to do better than that on Octopus.

My view is I want to be as self sufficient as possible in the winter. So when the scaffolding, costing £1000 plus, is up I will do as many panels as possible. I wont use very much at the best generating seasons, so exporting is a good option. Watching Gary does Solar on You tube he says if your limited by your inverter, the generated electricity wastes once the battery is full and as you are generally only 3.6 to the grid. I am trying to ensure I send it all.

Perhaps someone can advise how I can do this best?

Reply to Best way to maximise export of generated electricity? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net