Blink video doorbell connect with 12v mechanical bell UK | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Blink video doorbell connect with 12v mechanical bell UK in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amir123

DIY
Reaction score
Hi. I have a blink video doorbell and want to connect a 12v mechanical bell (pic attached below). I know Blink only allow 16v-24v AC transformers for wired connection. I know I can attach only a few mechanical door chimes but the one below is preferred as the bell is loud (90db) and I have used it before. My problem is that the transformer to be used is a 24v and the bell will be under power for transformer. [ElectriciansForums.net] Blink video doorbell connect with 12v mechanical bell UK[ElectriciansForums.net] Blink video doorbell connect with 12v mechanical bell UKI have spoken to an electrician who has no idea what to do. Please advise me what my options are from following four questions:
1) would I need a capacitor/resistor in the circuit somewhere to allow power to be adjusted to bell?
2) would I need a second transformer (like a 12v) connected in the circuit somewhere?
3) could I wire the bell into 12v screw for transformer to adjust power to bell
4) could somebody draw out a circuit diagram for wire connections if a circuit can be completed?
Thank you

Reply to Blink video doorbell connect with 12v mechanical bell UK in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net