Block of Flats Newbuild | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Block of Flats Newbuild in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tickover

Evening all
I have been asked to quote to wire up a newbuild small block of Flats consiting of 4 two bedroom flats (bathroom, shower room, Kitching/lounge, 2 bedrooms). The client wants the meters for the flats and one for the communial area to all be in a cupboard the the entrance hall. I was wondering the best way to get the feeds from the meters to the consumer units in each of the flats..
I was also wondering how long you guys would say to 1st fix 10 sockets on a ring, 6 sockets on a ring, 8 pendants, and a cooker and then 2nd fix for this..

Any advice would be greatfull as struggling to work out time scales for quoting.

Thanks all

Switch fuses in the entrance cupboard,
Swa to each flat
1 Day and perhaps half first fix,but allow for at least 2 or 3 more days on your price
2nd fix that lot in one day and allow 2 or 3 more as well
Add a half day for each test (just for the hell of it)
[ElectriciansForums.net] Block of Flats Newbuild

Hi Tickover,
I would go from the meter to an isolator ( 1 for each flat ), then swa to each consumer unit. Is there a riser you have access to , or can you get the builder to build you a cupboard as such, whereby you can take the swa to and then to each flat ??
I would say a good long day to 1st fix and another long day to 2nd fix (maybe longer depending on routes etc.
Hope this helps somehow,

Sav

Some DNO's will install the head in the hallway and then run their own 'sub' to each flat with the meter.

You have to install the duct though.

Hi,
Ask the devleoper to get in touch with the DNO some of them have detailed notes on how to arrange the electrical supply, that should be followed.

Reply to Block of Flats Newbuild in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net