Brand new tap timer leaks around collar plumbing advice | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter robers7
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 152

Discuss Brand new tap timer leaks around collar plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Brand new tap timer leaks around collar Per the pics attached, I have a brand new tap timer fitted to my outdoor tap with a brand new washer. It always leaks from the bottom of the fitting collar. I have tried four different washers (all pictured), both individually and in combination. I have tried tightening the connection, loosening the connection, applying lots of PTFE-tape, applying a little PTFE-tape, applying no-PTFE tape.. always the same leak. Any suggestions? Most online advice relates the the washers: should I try to source a different type of washer perhaps?

Brand new tap timer leaks around collar to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Brand new tap timer leaks around collar plumbing advice in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

E
  • Article
Sealing off isolation valve Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the...
Replies
Views
Erico19
E
U
  • Article
Taps: quality tiers? Hello, I've tried searching using Bristan, Grohe, Vado etc & get no results at all - I don't understand that! Anyway, is...
Replies
Views
UserError
U
B
  • Article
Toilet waste small drip leak - plumbers mait not working Amateur here. My toilet waste has a small drip leak at the join, & I was advised to use...
Replies
Views
banchang
B
M
  • Article
trying to fix a Old very Large Tap in a Commercial Kitchen I have a Very old commercial kitchen in my School, it dates originally from the 1950’s...
Replies
Views
MrsFixit
M
E
  • Article
Replace a water tap Hello, I have to replace the kitchen's water tap. I am attaching images (*.img) of the under sink existing pipe connections...
Replies
Views
Erico19
E

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks