british gas elec suppliers | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss british gas elec suppliers in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bugsy

Recently won a contract to fit out mew nighclub / bar, the client had already contacted DNO regarding supply etc and had elected British Gas as supplier.
Client informed me that they had requested 100a TPN supply and that the service head was to be installed Wednesday 21st April and that they needed the D.B. in place before they could install meters
Installed D.B., 2no RCBO protected sockets for builder Tails MET etc, called in on Friday to check all was O.K. the client was going ballistic, they turned up install the head but could only terminate cable as there was no electricity available for their tools ( I kid you not ) anway got them back and they installed the head they then asked the client when I was installing CT chamber I explained I wasnt and in anycase 100a supplies are usually monitored via whole curent meters , three day's later CT hamber was installed( just chucked on the wall ) and on Friday I had a panic phone call from the client asking me to attend site so they could do a load test after installing the meters ( no nor have I ) anyway I turned up and the meter installer asked me for the C.T s - well to start with I asked why the CT chamber Dunno mate I was just told to fit it So how am I to get trunking to the top of that then Dunno mate not my problem Well you'll have to move the head and the CT chamber . No mate you.ll have to move the DB
Well I can't move to the left because of the gas service and your heads on the right what do you suggest Cant you move into the room next door No mate ladies cloakroom Oh well you'll have to phone the office - I did and there going to move it , but I had to explain to them that metering should supply the CT's ( they are now looking into it ) So be warned if your dealing with british gas, B Global ( metering) or ES Pipelines your in for a bumpy ride

And yes the DB is Plumb.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] british gas elec suppliers
    IMG_0116[1].jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
Think they should stick to doing gas badly, jokers, no communication between departments and clients and no pride in what they do :mad:

Our local DNO usually fit a ryefield unit complete with all the CT metering installed. The customer then decides on who they're gonna buy their leccy from and they come and fit the meter to the outside of the unit, job done. Sounds like you had a right game there....

Local DNO passed the job to ESP ( ES Pipelines ) who acted as DNO - B Globe installed the meters - so all work subbed out to non communicardo contractors

ESP turned up on Friday , Op came in and asked to speak to me ( as luck would have I was there)
He asked me if I knew how to fit the CT's ( I kid you not ) so went through the fitting, wiring to test block fuses etc , he then asked if I 'd do it for him which I agreed to do on an instruction from his boss which he did text over however , wrong CT rating and one wouldnt fit onto the CT chamber busbar ( L3 resticted by Neutral bar ) so the saga goes on this is the third week since they first appearde on site!

ROCK ON BRITISH GAS!

Think they should stick to doing gas badly, jokers, no communication between departments and clients and no pride in what they do :mad:

Yea but at least they are 'committed to' ringing you up before they turn up. That's gotta be better than giving an appointment time and keeping to it.

Also love the way they whack the prices up in winter, then have self congratulatory adverts every spring when they reduce the price (when, of course, nobody bloody needs it).

Never had the pleasure of working with them as a DNO and I'm not looking forward to it.

lol@ "they should stick to gas" not @ my house they dont took 18months n god knows how many phone calls to get a bill

the calls ranged from You cant have gas we dont have that address listed till a contractor outside rebuilding a bridge cut the gas pipe in the street I phoned while outside n was told "You dont have gas that far up that street" I gave phone to engineer after asking the welsh person on the phone Why am I stanging in the street getting evacuated from my house ? least they ahve british call centers tho lol

Reply to british gas elec suppliers in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net