British Gas | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss British Gas in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drywax

I've been to a ladies today who has a maintenance contract with B Gas £50 a month not sure what it covers but they went around pat tested the appliances and condemed the boiler. So the next day a surveyer popped around to quote her for a new boiler,. like for like replacement on a FCU, and said that they couldn't do the work because there was no main earth present?

now surley this has nothing to do with the work they carry out and if the customer says they don't want to pay for a spike to installed then thats upto them.

Now this is the bit that made me chuckle popped my head under the stairs and she's got a TNCS or PME gas is bonded in 10mm, water is bonded to lead in 6mm under the floor boards.

I told her to ring her DNO just to clarify her supply type then ring B G back and complain if I was correct

I then said at the worst case scenario I would upgrade the water bonding for a nominal fee.

Any one had similar experience with the these jokers

I know a lady that was charged £4500 for a basic 3 bed rewire surface mounted by one of the big six and the installation was not compliant when they were done. Yet thats how they got the work by saying it was not compliant and unsafe. Is wiring a cooker switch directly above a cooker safe? and loose connections in lights?

I have worked for two of the big six and found they expect such to meet targets. the rogue traders program the other day should be targeted at these companies because they are by far the worst and are the champions of scaremongering people to part with large amounts of money.

Well thats my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to British Gas in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net