BS No. for this intake? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss BS No. for this intake? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
V.Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the correct BS No. for this old Henley intake? R.

[ElectriciansForums.net] BS No. for this intake?

It’s black and the only markings apart from Henley are ‘Isco series 3’

Not sure what you are asking - the BS no of the whole intake, or the BS no for just the fuse inside?

For example, I have an identical fuse carrier sitting here, with a 60A fuse still inside, marked BS 88: 1952 and BS 1361: 1947.

Last edited:
Can't really guess what's inside. If DNO in your area does not allow pulling the fuse then just put N/V in the cert
Well obviously, I just wondered if anyone would instantly recognise and know what the carrier / CPD inside is. And I wouldn’t pull this one even if the seal fairies had been.

Series 3 isn't that ancient, almost certainly a BS1361 cartridge, not rewireable. The main differences to Series 5...8 as far as pulling the fuse is concerned, are that the cable terminals in the base are not hidden behind plastic finger guards and the fuse carrier isn't the clamshell type that completely encloses the fuse. You have to be more aware of bare live copper but I don't think the risk of arc flash is much different unless you insert it onto a fault.

That vintage could be BS1362 rewireable.
Typo alert - BS1362 is a plug fuse!

Reply to BS No. for this intake? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net