C & g 2382-12 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss C & g 2382-12 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

grumpyjohn01

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, Am looking to do a 17th ed regs course online (to keep the cost down), so that I can comply with the requirements of the Part P scheme I have applied to register with. I have been in the trade for 15 years having done the 2360 1 & 2 under the 16th ed. Recently I have been contracting & subbing in the industrial and commercial sectors but have kept up with all the changes to the regs re domestic work to add to the experience in the sector I gained some years ago. Any advice as to a good online course would be appreciated.I gather I will need to do the 'full' course (whatever that means!?). thanks John

if you know your way round the 17th, then some revision and just take the exam. some colleges will allow it. only costs about £45.

Full course is a 3day course, going to your local college doing a few hours on a night course would surely be a better option than doing something online?

Im sure someone will be able to help you out better than me, as ive never done a course online - ive always done them through college, so wouldn't know who to trust if any.

I don't really understand it to be fair, but surely if you've got the 16th you'll only need to do the 17th update? or is this because you've been out of it(ish) for a while?

Hi all, Am looking to do a 17th ed regs course online (to keep the cost down), so that I can comply with the requirements of the Part P scheme I have applied to register with. I have been in the trade for 15 years having done the 2360 1 & 2 under the 16th ed. Recently I have been contracting & subbing in the industrial and commercial sectors but have kept up with all the changes to the regs re domestic work to add to the experience in the sector I gained some years ago. Any advice as to a good online course would be appreciated.I gather I will need to do the 'full' course (whatever that means!?). thanks John

Hi, you can't sit the exam on line, though the actual exam is an on line one! You have to be registered with C&G via an approved exam centre. Where in the country are you based. Some exam centres will allow you to do the exam only.

Regards.

the 17th exam is literally impossible to fail. I reckon i coulda took my mum with me at same time and she woulda stood a chance of passing it...mulitiple choice is a complete joke isn't it!

Thanks everyone, was hoping somebody would say just take the exam...that is exactly my style!! I am in the South West so if anybody knows a suitable college in Dorset /Somerset or failing that Devon/Hants/Wilts?? So do I gather correctly that there is just one course/exam for all now, no short update just 1 multi-guess?

60 multiple choice questions. 2 hours to do it. usual tactic is to answer the ones you know for sure and flag those you don't. then go through the flagged ones doing the easiest first. then do the more difficult ones last. do a search on this forum for past questions.

I'm surprised you can do it online?! Surely people would just use google to find out the answers mid-test...
Much quicker to just open the book and look it up.
With google you never know if the answer's right or wrong.
With the book, if you can find the relevant Regulation, it's always going to be right.

Much quicker to just open the book and look it up.
With google you never know if the answer's right or wrong.
With the book, if you can find the relevant Regulation, it's always going to be right.

Very true. But if you don't have the book i suppose it would be the next best thing, although I have just realized after reading other posts that you can't take this test online as in at home online, it is a multiple choice online test at a test center/college so none of this is relevant lol

Who can fail an open book exam?? And this is the ONLY qualification needed to be deemed competent by the scam providers!!! Absolutely Pathetic when you stop and think about it!!

aye, you actually can't if you know your way around the regs then its literally impossible to fail, because if you don't know an answer off the top of your head (which we're all guilty of at times + knowing everything in our game is impossible) then it'll take 30seconds to find the answer.

Even if you knew nothing about electrics, theres still a chance you could pass the exam by guessing every question as its multiplechoice which also makes me laugh. Odds are obviouslly rather small, but still possible.

aye, you actually can't if you know your way around the regs then its literally impossible to fail, because if you don't know an answer off the top of your head (which we're all guilty of at times + knowing everything in our game is impossible) then it'll take 30seconds to find the answer.

Even if you knew nothing about electrics, theres still a chance you could pass the exam by guessing every question as its multiplechoice which also makes me laugh. Odds are obviouslly rather small, but still possible.

I don't know, ...Never had the privilege of ever sitting any exam, official or otherwise, where all the answers were readily available in front of you!! lol!!!

I would suggest that you take the time to put tags on some of the pages, to indicate each Chapter, Section, useful pages and each of the appendices.
I used coloured lables, a different coulor per Chapter.

I would suggest that you take the time to put tags on some of the pages, to indicate each Chapter, Section, useful pages and each of the appendices.
I used coloured lables, a different coulor per Chapter.

Come on Spin, your the last person to need coloured stickers to navigate your way around the BGB!! I bet you can open the book to the correct page your looking for, first time and every time!! lol!!!

Thanks to all for advice etc. I have found a local training centre who will allow exam only,they are:<br><br>http://www.swptraining.co.uk/electrical_training_course.htm<br><br>they are charging £69+vat for this.<br>I am sitting on 07/02 wish me luck!!<br>Also noticed they do 2391 or whatever the newer equivalent is so might follow up with that,piece of cake!!

Good too see you've got it booked. Seems abit rushed though considering your first post and now. Just hope you know the BGB inside out - if you do then you'll be fine buddy :) its a really easy exam, the easiest you'll ever sit.

2391 split into 2394/2395. Don't think you can just sit the exams for these though, you'll have to enroll ureself on the 10week course or whatever they are.

Best of luck. Mark.

Thanks Mark, pretty au fait with the BGB, am just sat down now going through some past papers and other bits that I found online, cant see as it will be too much grief....as for the 2391 (4/5) I know it has a rep for being a killer but I have been doing I&T for some years now,with a bit of research past papers etc..how hard can it be?!? lol cheers

don't forget to do all the easy ones that you don't need to open the book for , first. that should get you 40% to start with.

Reply to C & g 2382-12 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net