C rated MCBs in domestic consumer unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss C rated MCBs in domestic consumer unit in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rogoill

The lights on the downstairs circuit in the house im renting wouldnt come on one night. I went to the cu to see if I had to reset a breaker but all circuits were operating. The circuit in question had in fact tripped but the lever on the breaker hadnt actually dropped. Figuring it was just a faulty breaker I reset it. When the lights came back on I noticed every breaker were all C rated - for motor circuits. Is this safe for domestic installations and does it affect operation af circuits and appliances?

I used to do alot of work for social housing and different companies would always have the lighting circuits on a type c mcb to stop nuisance tripping. But as long as your ZS readings are below maximum for a type C i dont see why you cant use them in a domestic install especially if you have a rcd installed aswell

Reply to C rated MCBs in domestic consumer unit in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
thank you it really made me feel small, maybe i played it a bit thick, but as the one needing the work done i was cap in hand, will try another...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is the distance from the point outside the house to the shed?
Replies
Views
So it was a poor connection between the busbar and the RCD - hence my pressure on the RCD was making the connection.
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
I meant EIC, No idea why I put EICR down, thanks for the clarification
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have to agree with Baldelectrician on almost everything he says except one ! I wouldn’t be walking away I’d be running lol. Definitely if your...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks