C Type MCB’s in domestic install. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss C Type MCB’s in domestic install. in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Recently completed a new install on an outbuilding using C type MCB’s to supply a lighting circuit for LED spotlights and soffit lights, some existing external decking lights etc and power for 5 sockets using C type MCB’s.

A few weeks have passed since I have tested and signed off the job the customer has been in contact saying some of the lighting installed was flickering when switched on. One of which flickered and has now stopped working at all. I know it is common practice to use B Type in domestic install so wasn’t sure it that was the issue. Or just coincidence. Any help?

In domestic, I'm sure plenty of us have come across items with notes recommending C type.....certain light fittings, for sure.
As above, nothing to do with the flicker.

C type only if the manufacturer states it due to inrush currents on their equipment. However, as stated above, MCB type has nothing to do with flickering, that'll probably be a loose connection somewhere or crap lamps failing early.

Reply to C Type MCB’s in domestic install. in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Most probably will end up placing a 240VAC 30uF capacitor in parallel with the spotlight. I think it will help smooth out the flickering.
Replies
Views
Hello - Did you get your problem sorted?
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your comments, advice and suggestions. The following is probably pretty boring for most, and is simply a summary of how the job...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My interpretation of this from working with 1st gen apprentices after the change was simply that it encouraged the mantra of forcing people to...
Replies
Views
Reaching out for some help/guidance and sanity check. Apologies in advance for the long post, but wanted to make sure it was clear. Thanks in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks