Cable and breaker size? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cable and breaker size? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JohnP1

Hi all im new to this forum and im looking for some help.
I need a 63kw 3 phase supply to run a machine in a commercial building,
the cable run is 25 or 30 meters roughly.
I was going to run in a 35 square cable to the machine and there is an existing isolation breaker at the main mcc with 3 x 63amp fuses in it,
the tails feeding it look like 50 square and there is no rating on the switch!
I should be well covered if i change the fuses to 100amp per phase?

Cheers,
John

Well johnboy, there will be like a suboard at the machine feeding all appliance's off of it.
I was just asked to bring a supply to the unit itself, everything around the unit is pre wired to i assume the correct standards with all the correct rcd's/mcb's etc will be in place. I thought i was going to get a couple of weeks work out of it but unfortuanatley not! :disappointed:

Reply to Cable and breaker size? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The total current capacity of the system in amperes is the same as the per-phase rating when referring to a balanced three-phase system. Thus, a...
Replies
Views
Ask your electrician when they do a site visit as to what is required they can also notify the installation to Building Control under Part P of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If your using 35mm or 50mm use 2 core SWA and use the armour as the earth, it'll cut down on price. I know people will comment on this but the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This UK company seem to sell parts for them so it might be worth contacting them after that you could try the manufacturers La Rocca | Máquinas de...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Agree with Dave disconnect unused Phases on the outgoing side of the isolator. No reason to replace mcbs with single pole, unless you need room...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks