cable calculation | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cable calculation in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kapra

Hi please can someone assist me in confirming the correct size for sub board. ( ie ) i have 4 motors rated at 18.5kw feeding each motor individual 16mm swa distance 50mtrs . From supply to d/b 50mm swa 100mtrs protected by 200a if full load was to be used. any thoughts appreciated

would also need more info' as regards to motors ... are they running high inertia loads the frequency of start, dol or star/delta or do you have soft start in place like inverters to name a few things, and regarding cale size and length you havent told us the environment the install method, the type of fusing device etc etc.....
If you can appreciate you have given us little to go on so more info please just so your post can be answered with a little accuracy.

I think the volt drop would be too great on the length and CSA of the cables you are proposing for the connected load

Think you would be looking at 70.0mm xlpe/swa at least as 50.0mm not rated at 200A, table 4E4A in BRB, but as stated more info is required for a better answer

Hi sorry about lack of info, hope this helps. ok 4 motors 18.5kw 50hz ( swa 50mtrs running under ground ) ( star/delta ) (30 hp) (3ph 380v ) (eff 90% ) (50a d curve c/b )
what size cable and protection will i need for d/b currently have 16mm swa feeding motors cheers all

Reply to cable calculation in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The total current capacity of the system in amperes is the same as the per-phase rating when referring to a balanced three-phase system. Thus, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it is TT then you can use the armour of any of them as CPC but will almost certainly need an up-front delay RCD at the sub-main feed point to...
Replies
Views
Electric hob/oven range was installed years ago, runs on 2 x B32 MCBs to 'House' (sub)consumer panel, runs to oven on 2 x T&E. Kitchen is being...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I do not think so, rather someone has seen that this cable is cheaper than what was ordered and thought to save some money. Yes Steel Tape needs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If your using 35mm or 50mm use 2 core SWA and use the armour as the earth, it'll cut down on price. I know people will comment on this but the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks