cable tray and cable ladder | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cable tray and cable ladder in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sams32127

Hey all.

Can anybody help me out on this..

Which areas do we use a cable ladder, and in which areas a cable tray?

pretty similar uses i think holding cables high up in ceiling voids etc, but ladder would be more suitable for more and larger cables than tray. Otherwise down to aesthetics - must admit those lectures were particularly interesting :rolleyes:

You can get some nice looking light/medium rack better than tray if not too many cables, but personal choice really unless cables are large , then rack all the way.

I find tray a lot easier to install and you can fabricate your own bends . But rack is defo the way to go if u are installing large cables

I've done a lot of work for a large bakery chain and they specify ladder rack inside there factories vertical rather than horizontal as there is less surface area for dust and dirt to sit on. Hard to cable tie lots of small yy's etc to.

As Danny83 stated, cable ladders/racks are for transporting and supporting the larger sized multi-core cables both vertically and horizontally. The preformed off the shelve bends etc also have a much slower radius to accommodate the larger cables sizes...

I’ve always worked in dusty places. Give me ladder racking any day, doesn’t harbour dust so bad. Nothing worse than climbing a ladder being buried under an avalanche.

I’ve always worked in dusty places. Give me ladder racking any day, doesn’t harbour dust so bad. Nothing worse than climbing a ladder being buried under an avalanche.

Yes that's what this company had decided and we have been through many of there bakeries throughout the country. In some of there higher risk areas we have had some stainless ladder specially made also. I love ladder compared to tray. Holds it own weight much better.

Reply to cable tray and cable ladder in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net