cables cut after first fix | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss cables cut after first fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

llywelyn111

I first fixed a 5 bedroom timber frame house about 3 months ago for a friend of mine who is a joiner. He has taken his time on the job as he's doing a lot of the work himself. The whole house has now been plastered ready for second fix, he has even cut all the dry lining boxes out, and all the 45 down lights in the house. So I thought Monday would be a easy second fix. Got a call off him earlier, someone has been in and cut every single cable in every switch in the house. But have left every other cable in the house.

They have also stolen / cut off every bit of plumbing that comes out of any wall. Tomorrow is going to be fun!!

So on every switch/socket outlet/lighting point/shower etc + the little bits of pipe that stick out of the walls they've taken a few inches of cable/pipe?
Hardly seems worth the effort to me, if you're going to be a copper thief take the bloody lot, rip it out and sod the innocent householder/tradesman

i did a job mant years ago second fixing 5 houses . started on a saturday ,it was a small building site and off i went there was not many people working that day but as i went from house to house ,someone was behind me taking every thing of and nicking it . its funny now

If building control are involved the heights will most likely become an issue with the switches.

Might be worth doing some digging to see if this guy has paid all the tradesmen he has used, someone has been in their very unhappy with him!

building control are involved so can't raise switches. I have been fairly lucky. As the house is timber frame. I got a fair bit of slack from the cables been clipped in the partitions. I have one intermediate switch which one 3 core is short, and the down stairs room stat. Other than that it could of been much worse.

I think it might be easier to JB (J201's) these two cables. But haven't decided what will be easier yet.

Reply to cables cut after first fix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net