Cables in contact with c/heating pipe PIR? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cables in contact with c/heating pipe PIR? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

paturback

Came across this where the diy customer decided to move his radiator here!
Any thoughts on PIR?

Don't have me regs to hand and cant recall a specific reg?
[ElectriciansForums.net] Cables in contact with c/heating pipe PIR?

I cant see there being a problem, the cables/accessories are not going to get anywhere near 70 degrees C, so not really a problem so long as the R1+R2 / Zs readings work out well within the limits for that circuit.
Alan.

Yeah thanks for replies explains why I couldn't recall a code,definitely agree with you there Tel
think we should have an extra code on the new eicr's " not how i would have done it, but OK"
Its just one of those that when you look at it you know its wrong,common sense tells you its wrong,but the regs don't so it makes it acceptable, you'd think there would be a reg to say cables or flex of portable or handheld equipment should not be in direct contact with hot pipes, or neglecting to use common sense which adversely affects or causes shrinking of the electricians grey matter due to external influences is strictly prohibited:)

think we should have an extra code on the new eicr's " not how i would have done it, but OK"

Yes,one of the codes could have been used for this situation,"lack of colour coding"

The lack of matching colour schemes of the socket and adjascent radiator could present a shock hazzard

If this radiator really needed to be in this location, you would think that this homeowner would have raised the rad a couple of inches to clear that double outlet!! ...No instead he mounted it, so that the it neigh on ensures that any plug top inserted, is going to be touching the bottom of the rad!! ...Priceless!!!

Reply to Cables in contact with c/heating pipe PIR? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net