Cables not in zone | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cables not in zone in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

geordie

-
Arms
Reaction score
Carrying out a Eicr and some cables or just not in the zones were talking a couple of cm. what code would you give it. I am thinking c3

just out of curiosity would the trunking count as an accessory hence bringing it back into the zone?
Probably of no real world value but just interesting. :)

I understand that it's containment and not an accessory as such but if the entry to the containment is obvious then surely the same logic for the prescribed zones would apply.
However this has more to do with common sense than the regs.

Surely if you can see the cable this is identification it is there i.e. vertical and horizontal from where it can be seen, are safe zones not for prescribed routes for cables that we possibly cannot see?

Reply to Cables not in zone in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I thought that too, but I didn’t want to upset the old fella by telling him 😛
Replies
Views
Thank you..... & did have all the fan isolator/ fuse in same plate (click) so quinetic wouldn't worked on this occasion
Replies
Views
My latest trick for this....if completely desperate and you have 3 very short cables .... Make a hole big enough for a quickwire to fit through...
Replies
Views
It was purely an off the top of my head example, but I'd say - accessible live parts C1 - inaccessible live parts C2 - 10 feet up in a locked room...
Replies
Views
i notice you mention "fire rated" instead of "metallic" Are we talking about a metal consumer unit? I know its presumed... but just checking
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks