Call em what you like | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Call em what you like in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

sparks1234

-
Arms
Reaction score
Rock roses, gregs, kliks.

Who installs them above a suspended ceiling for the likes of modular fittings, would you also install them if the budget is small as they add over a fiver per fitting.

We have thorlux lighting that have flex linking every fitting that is designed to just lay across the false ceilings and i know its against regs but it is a special wire that has been accepted to do so, so one outlet then loop them all together pre-made trailer plug/socket kits although if cost is an issue this isnt the way and time saved popping clicks on usually makes up for the extra cost as the lighting can be second fixed and made live at the clicks with just a quick second fix to flex the fittings up, it seems to work out to be cost effective to use clicks and most councils now request them anyway.

Reply to Call em what you like in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I don't fit alarms as my main job but have fitted quite a few over the years whilst we were doing the electrics side of things. I usually fit the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That explanation would make a lot of sense and would certainly explain the new bases and new boxes, with old relabelled alarm heads. I do remember...
Replies
Views
J
  • Article
SVP (grey water) gases leaking out - What do you see (pics)? Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ...
Replies
Views
Jayp07
J
Also good for cutting strands of cable armour, although I try to restrict their use to copper.
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
I'm begining to think like this now, I very rarely work for builders anymore but the couple that I still do work for are the worst payers out of...
    • Agree
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks