Can somebody help me with changing an outlet? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Can somebody help me with changing an outlet? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cbking502

DIY
Reaction score
I painted a bathroom and must’ve gotten paint inside an outlet because it’s not working. Went to the fuse box cut it off and changed out the outlet for a new one as I was doing that white wire and black wire touched and sparked. Went back to the fuse box. Everything was fine and change outlet. Turn the fuse box back on outlets not working. What do I do now?

Reply to Can somebody help me with changing an outlet? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

That worked!!! Thanks again for all the help and responding so quickly. Really appreciate it!!!
Replies
Views
Ok, please be aware that I am a 'do-it-yourself-er,' so if this isn't the right place to be posting this thread, let me know where I should be...
Replies
Views
I found out the answer from another forum...here it is, yes This will be your neutral for the receptacle. Add a pigtail and connect to silver...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You actually need to use the light switch since that’s where the lights are controlled from. The red wires should be your travelers going to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tech has totally complicated 'control' Customer wants something controlling. First job is to figure out the best method
    • Funny
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks