Cant insert imges??? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Cant insert imges??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jay Sparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
So Ive been trying for the last hour to insert an image, on a new thread, of a new meter that Ive come accross but it doesnt work!!
Anyone know whats up???? Seems to be alot of things going wrong on this forum lately!!!! Last month my "Enter" button stopped working on here until someone said I needed to hi-light the "a/A" icon next to the "Font" icon.....Ive never had to do that before, so why now?????And now I cant insert image!!!
Whats going on MODS?????

Jay

[ElectriciansForums.net] Cant insert imges???

All working here...

Holy Moley, that's an image if ever there was one. I also attached an image not long ago.

Are you using the attachment system or are you using the insert image button? What device are you using and what browser?

Holy Moley, that's an image if ever there was one. I also attached an image not long ago.

Are you using the attachment system or are you using the insert image button? What device are you using and what browser?

hi Marvo,

Im using "insert image", when I try the attach image it doesn't seem to upload images from my files, I just get the spinning icon for about 10 mins then I get fed up and cancel it. This is done on my laptop, Asus, its only a year or so old.

Jay

Try install google chrome if your running standard google, ive had alot of issues which cleared up after switching over, also ensure image size isn't larger than max specified, if your loading icon is running a long time press Alt,Del,Ctrl together and select task manager and view what is running in the background that may be memory hungry..... windows messenger or skype as its changed to now is loaded in on boot to run and can slow computers down alot...just click it and select stop it, other culprits are background updates and real time file scanning by your protection program which are automatic unless you change settings these too drag the speed down.

Try install google chrome if your running standard google, ive had alot of issues which cleared up after switching over, also ensure image size isn't larger than max specified, if your loading icon is running a long time press Alt,Del,Ctrl together and select task manager and view what is running in the background that may be memory hungry..... windows messenger or skype as its changed to now is loaded in on boot to run and can slow computers down alot...just click it and select stop it, other culprits are background updates and real time file scanning by your protection program which are automatic unless you change settings these too drag the speed down.

Cheers for that, Ill try and install google crome now.

Jay

Top man mr darkwood, installed google and its all fine and dandy now...even my enter button works without having to press the a/A icon. Cheers for the heads up!!

Jay

Glad you got it fixed. There was one similar complaint a few daysago which was also resolved by using an alternative browser, maybe there was an update that was buggy in which case if you update your browser again in a week they might have fixed the issue.

Next time you run chrome click yes on using it as your preferred browser if you already haven't or you'll just revert to old internet browser and as Marvo says it could be bugs in the update that may not be permanent. This picture better be worthwhile now lol...

Reply to Cant insert imges??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net