Car problems | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Car problems in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Arms
Reaction score
Going in to work this morning, engine management light comes on,oh oh problems, managed to get to my local garage, "coil set problems Mr Jones" bluddy brilliant service back OK now anyone in the Kingsthorpe area, need a good garage, PM me great service.

grandad had engine light come on and loss of power last week.

turns out it was a dodgy lambda sensor, charged him £275+vat for the part

on a bmw one series

Headlamp bulbs are £527.43 plus VAT For beemers.

With the HID lamps they normally replace the ballast as well

One of the lads that worked for me about 20 years ago had a 520 and the dash died BMW wanted £500 or £600+ for a replacement an hour and a bit on the bench including a trip to Tandy's and a tenner's worth of rechargeable batteries fixed it

a wipe with a JCB bucket is a better option for these overpriced, under engineered, main dealer dependent, hitler's revenge, cars.

A bit of motor industry sad history.

The first car BMW made after they were not permitted to make aircraft was the Dixi - essentially the Austin 7 under licence from the Austin company.

In 1959, the Iconic Morris Mini was born. It was also sold with the Austin badge - the Austin 7.
Now the Mini name is owned by BMW and the cars are manufactured in Britain.

A sad and ironic turn.

Reply to Car problems in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net