Car Radio Causing Speedometer Problems | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Car Radio Causing Speedometer Problems in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Craig2411

Hi, I'm sorry if this seems a bit of a mess.

I've got a 2005 Rover 25 that I bought a couple of years ago. It came with a Blaupunkt Freestyler Travepilot E CD-Player which I quickly replaced but at the time I noticed that there was an extra ISO plug that I couldn't plug into the new player as there wasn't enough sockets for it. At the time I assumed that it wasn't needed as I though it was for a Parrot bluetooth adapter that had been installed by the previous owner.

I installed the new player and left the ISO plug disconnected but quickly noticed that things like the speedo would stop working and the car felt as if it was missing some power. I reinstalled the old player and plugged the ISO back in which completely fixed the problem and I haven't had any issues since then but I recently started thinking about it again and I'm trying to figure out what the issue might have been. I looked online at the manual
online http://www.blaupunkt.com/fileadmin/...ERVICEDOKU_ZIEL/EA/GB/7612300301001_EA_GB.pdf and if you take a look at it you will see the different connections. I'm now starting to think that the bluetooth had nothing to do with it as the ISO plug seems to be for the CD-Player's GPS system so it can take information from things like the speedo.

So what I am asking is if anyone would agree with me and knows of a way to fix this? Maybe the plug can be removed from the car so that it doesn't mess things up when it's unplugged? I would really appreciate any help that you can give me and I ap

Reply to Car Radio Causing Speedometer Problems in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back