Catering industry | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Catering industry in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is no problem. This is the area of work I am serving my apprenticeship in. I was just curious to see how many of you on the forum were in this line of work. How do you find working in kitchens? Enjoy the work?

I've just finished a Commercial kitchen installation, well it was more like rip it all out and start again. The client I work for gets a catering installation company in to do all the gas work, equipment fit and Ventilation/gas interlock electrics.

We just do the general installation, seating area lighting etc and have also done the ventilation/gas interlock electrics on quite a few occasions as well.

Trent gas interlock controller panels are rubbish. :mad:

hello,
i do kitchen installation electrics,gas and ventilation, the grease and food gets everywhere it messy!!!.a lot of the owners do not clean well.i prefer to keep my hand a little cleaner.
But if the money is there its worth it.:)
Good luck with your apprenticeship

As above are any of you out there in the commercial catering side of the industry?
do you install any of the equipment? are you involved with the gas side of things?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am involved with installing the equipment aswell. No I dont do the Gas side of things yet however once I have completed my apprenticeship that is something I will be looking to qualify in.

Reply to Catering industry in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
To get an accurate estimate of the total battery storage required you need to log what your actual daily usage is. Then add at least 50% for your...
Replies
Views
Solar Panels unlikely & I would hope to charge via twin electrics on my van that tows the trailer. Perhaps even from household electricity when on...
Replies
Views
M
  • Article
trying to fix a Old very Large Tap in a Commercial Kitchen I have a Very old commercial kitchen in my School, it dates originally from the 1950’s...
Replies
Views
MrsFixit
M
Thanks mate for the advice, this is just what I was looking for. I think I’ll have to put some thought into the domestic route due to the NVQ and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m looking to expand my knowledge and learn more around this side of the electrical industry. I’m a commercial gold card electrician...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks