cayman islands | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss cayman islands in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
Ive just recently accepted a job offer in grand cayman. Was just wondering if any uk sparks have worked there and any experiences they could share. I will be a service electrician any advice etc would be great.

Lol its crazy, wasnt even looking for a new job never mind moving to cayman islands. A friend that worked there 20 years ago got a email from a good mate of his that runs a big firm over there. He asked if he knew any good sparks, asked me if i would b interested i said yes few emails a skype interview later ive accepted a life changing contract.

just found this on the 'new resident' website:

> Electricians and Plumbers:Legally, all electrical and plumbing workers need a local licence to work in the Cayman Islands. Plumbers are licensed by the Plumber’s Examination and should contact the Water Authority about specifics of the process (www.waterauthority.ky).Electricians must satisfy the CI Electrical Board of Examiners that their qualifications meet the requirements of the Electricity Regulations. In all cases, a certified copy of your licence, trade references and a recommendation from your Cayman employer must be submitted along with your application. You will not receive a work permit until you have completed this process. Qualified MEP workers should contact local MEP companies directly to see if there are any vacancies. A list of these companies can be found in the local Yellow Pages.

Cheers telectrix. Think ive read cayman new resident a million time now lol.The HR dep of my new firm are taking care of just about everything. Ive just got to do a medical and police report. Gaining the elec licence is nay probs they say all the need are ref from current employer and copies of my certificates which they have already checked. Cheers

Cheers telectrix. Think ive read cayman new resident a million time now lol.The HR dep of my new firm are taking care of just about everything. Ive just got to do a medical and police report. Gaining the elec licence is nay probs they say all the need are ref from current employer and copies of my certificates which they have already checked. Cheers

Sounds about right, lots of words in the must have regulation dept, but like so many other countries/places, a nod and a wink from the right people is basically all you need!! lol!!

While you're there, maybe you'd like to have a look for The Animals missing millions.

If my memory is right, they played three World Tours back-to back & made shed loads of money which someone invested for them in the Cayman Islands. That somebody subsequently died and nobody knows where the money is.

That is why some of The Animals were still on the Working Mens' Club circuit as late as the mid 1990s

Reply to cayman islands in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net