CCTV tripping RCD | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss CCTV tripping RCD in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rschatha

Hi, EF, My first post here.

Re : CCTV Installation.

When connected the output cable to TV Video from DVD recorder it trips the RCD on consumer unit.

I isolated the socket suppying the CCTV/DVD recorder and without RCD protection, and it did NOT trip the RCD, what could it be?

Please help. :confused:

Some electronic appliances have whats called a live chassis. Thats not to say you recieve a shock if you touch it because its supplied by the secondary side of a transformer which has multi taps for different voltages, as required by the circuit boards components. I came across a similar problem in a well known travel agents. The computers were connected to a 30ma rcd run from a radial. If more than four tower units were switched on the rcd would tripp. Having spoken to a couple of electronics buffs, they confirmed this is a common problem. I cured it by supplying 3 radials on 20a rcbo's. Not cheap, but it worked. Sorry I cant be more help.

Reply to CCTV tripping RCD in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net