Changes to part p? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Changes to part p? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bigworm

Hello, my name is Dan, I'm a self-employed spark and this is my first comment on this site although I have used this site many times for reference and found many good threads and lots of good info and enjoy reading through it.

My question is this, I have my part P assessment coming soon with napit and I have heard now repeatedly (once from my local building inspector) that there are going to be some big changes to part p in the new year! Can anyone spread any light or knowledge on this subject, as to what, if anything, might be changing?

Thanks and regards in advance, Dan.

qualified supervisors must hold a level 3 qualification,

anyone already registered with a scheme will be excempt from the new rules.

hope this helps and welcome :)

taken from Napit website,

From 1st January 2012, for the first time, a level of technical competence equivalent to level 3 NVQ competences is to be the minimum requirement for all new applications for Qualified Supervisors.The requirement only applies to all new applications for Qualified Supervisors received after 1st January 2012, and it will not affect those who are currently holders of the post, or Qualified Supervisors appointed before 1st January 2012.

For those choosing the qualification route, the Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installation Work in Dwellings should be available from the 1st January 2012 as the minimum qualification level for Qualified Supervisors responsible for electrical work carried out in domestic properties which comes under Part P of the Building Regulations (for England and Wales).

Reply to Changes to part p? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net