chasing in cables | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss chasing in cables in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

flippingfurious

I am rewiring at the moment, should cables be plastered over directly or be placed in conduit, (not surface conduit), before plastering? does it matter?
thanks for any replies
Flipping Furious (DIY idiot)

Is there a multi signature wind up going on to day
There cant be that many individuals that post that many nonesens e posts in the same afternoon for gods sake

To expand on what everybody ese is saying....

If you are rewiring your house it must be done by a 'competent person' i.e. a qualified electrician. This electrician MUST be part of a part P organisation OR must notify the work to building control directly and pay their fee. This is because a rewire is notifiable work, and it would be ILLEGAL to carry out the work without notification in one-way-or-another to LABC.

On top of this, the work would need to be cerificated to say it complies with BS:7671 and that would include a full test of circuits. This must be done with equipment usually costing in excess of £500. As a self-confessed DIYer I doubt you have this equipment or knowledge or how to use it. Neither, I would imagine, would you have knowledge about the various earthing systems, bonding, the adabiatic equation, cable capacities, the difference between a ring and a radial, loop in-loop out, 2 way and intermediate switching......

DO NOT rewire your own home. You will eventually run into problems. A few could be; Things don't work properly and you don't know why; You have problems selling your house; You get sued by your local LABC; Your untested wiring causes a fire, your house burns down and you, your family and your goldfish die. If something's worth doing, do it right. Get a Part P registered electrician in to do it properly.

how about "a stupid question forum" anything silly can be posted anything regarded as silly in other forums moved to the silly question forum and anyone wishing to answer can (with a thread disclaimer that nothing said in here can be taken seriously)

as to original question clip direct or enclose in conduit, capping whatever takes your fancy

Reply to chasing in cables in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net