Children's Nursery - Domestic EPC or Commercial? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Children's Nursery - Domestic EPC or Commercial? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

We're quoting for a 4kwp on a children's nursery in a building that was originally a house, then a funeral directors (big shop window installed) then a nursery. What do you think domestic or commercial EPC?

domestic= residential property commercial=buisness property nursery is a buisness so its comercial Simplez

But how would it work if you had converted your garage into a small scale warehouse, employed an assistant part time who worked in your study and you ran a business from your home? I don't think it's as cut and dry, unless I am over thinking it?!?

We're quoting for a 4kwp on a children's nursery in a building that was originally a house, then a funeral directors (big shop window installed) then a nursery. What do you think domestic or commercial EPC?

If mortgaged, does the property have a business charge on it or is it mortgaged to individuals - that may be the decider ?

The Use Class under which Planning Permission has been given for the property will tell you whether it is considered a domestic dwelling or commercial or possibly both. Could be a can of worms though if someone is using a domestic property for commercial purposes without planning consent.

Umm I would go for domestic as it could be changed back to a house in the future,also i would think the mpan number would suggest its a house as it would have been registered when built

Reply to Children's Nursery - Domestic EPC or Commercial? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net