Chineese takeaway | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Chineese takeaway in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky paul

Got to go and give a price for rewiring a chineese takeaway and the flat above;)

Is there any specific regs to do with commercial kitchens (bonding)etc

Not done one before and am looking forward to a free chinky while on the job:)

Got to go and give a price for rewiring a chineese takeaway and the flat above;)

Is there any specific regs to do with commercial kitchens (bonding)etc

Not done one before and am looking forward to a free chinky while on the job:)

Commercial kitchens with gas supply require that the supply & extract fans are both switched on and working before the gas solinoid can open. Also a gas emergency stop push button should be fitted at each door.

Fire alarm system should also be linked to shut down supply and extract fans via interface this in turn will shut off gas supply.

Just a couple of things to watch out for when pricing.

Wouldn't be so certain of that free chinky matey, tighter than a ducks butt them lot!! Done a bit of work at our local, not a spare rib in sight!!!!

Be careful if the flat is rented premises as the floor may need acoustic insulation if above the takeaway, this will have to be taken into account when running wires and doing cable calcs etc

Bear in mind it can get damn hot in kitchens as said above. A loft above a pizza oven I installed was 70 degrees........CENTIGRADE!!!!!!!!!
Also check as Sintra said if you need to allow for intake and extract controls, and also, if you need to wire for emergency switches to turn the gas off, I've seen these required before.

ps it's probably going to be running in fat and oil everywhere so invest in some disposable gloves and boiler suit!

Last edited:
as far as memory serves,

a spark re-wiring would not be responsable for the interlocking valve on the canopy as this comes under gas regs and involves knuckle dragging neandertal gas fitters. we would only be responsable for the supply to the control panel

Reply to Chineese takeaway in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net