Circuit design - Outdoor radial | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Circuit design - Outdoor radial in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chris Ward

Can anyone shed any light on this for me.

Im putting in a supply to an outbuilding to supply a 13a water heater & 3a light, but picking a socket up on the way. Im wiring it in 4.0mm pvc twin cable from the DB, then 4.0mm 3core armoured outside. There is a DP switch incorporated near the DB in order to isolate the outhouse power from inside. The route the circuit will take is this:

(-> = Cable between)

(main building)DB1 -> 32a RCBO -> 32a DP Switch -> (goes outside) Outdoor twin socket -> (into outhouse) Un Switched FCU to supply water heater (13a fuse) -> Switched FCU for lighting (3a Fuse)

Im pretty sure this meets requirements for 433.1 Radial final circuit. Anyone got any input?

Seems pretty good to me, should the water heater not have a double pole isolation close at hand - you can get DP switched FCUs.

sounds good to me. make sure the SWA is properly glanded, the armor earthed at the supply end. might be an idea to fit a double metalclad socket in the outbuilding to gland the SWA. then metalclad FCUs.

Armoured will be glanded accordingly & armourings earthed, and the FCU for the water heater is now a DP switched unit. Thanks for that input, well spotted.

I had someone query the double socket fed direct from the 32a supply which cast a seed of doubt hence the post. But as we know the socket is limited to what can be plugged in.

Armoured will be glanded accordingly & armourings earthed, and the FCU for the water heater is now a DP switched unit. Thanks for that input, well spotted.

I had someone query the double socket fed direct from the 32a supply which cast a seed of doubt hence the post. But as we know the socket is limited to what can be plugged in.

not a problem. if you think about it, a " standard " ring final has sockets direct off a 32A supply, albeit wired in 2.5mm x2, ( for a ring final ) THE 32a MCB protects the cable, whether it be 2 x 2.5mm in a ring, or 4mm in a radial.

Reply to Circuit design - Outdoor radial in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net