combi boiler and zone valves compatability | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss combi boiler and zone valves compatability in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello
i guess this will work and i will explain as best as i can )
new build with ideal combi boiler with basic normal wiring L/N/E with stat link

they have installed two zone vales
one for the front room rads
and one for the rest of the house

i have been given two honeywell wirless roomstats

my thoughts are as follows :
wire the wireless units in the normall way with both of them across the stat terminals , if either room calls for heat the apropriate reciver will close and alow the boiler to run. my problem is getting the apropriate zone valve to open .
i guess that i would wire the brown of the valve (from memory) to the switched side of the receiver so that it opens with the right roomstat?
hope my ramblings make sense , its just it seems a little unusual to me ?
regards

I Presume that you are a qualified sparks so theadvice that I would give is a follows, I would connect as follows for 240v installations

It will work that way but you will have to remove the link in the boiler and where you have removed the link in one terminal you install the grey from each valve and in the other terminal where the link is removed you install the orange from each valve.

This way when your stat sends a live to the brown of the valve the switch in the valve closes between grey and orange.

Obviously the valve will also require a neutral andearth connection.

This is the way it has been on valves that I have worked with in the past so just double check that my colours are right for your application, sometimes they can be different.

BEWARE or voltage free requirements that should be in your installation manual as once again this may have a bearing on what is listed above which should be used on 240v systems, make sure you don't indirectly send 240v to 24v systems in the boiler as it will damage the circuitry for sure.

Reply to combi boiler and zone valves compatability in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net