combing batteries | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss combing batteries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I I hook 2 identical batteries, each 100A 12V 1C, to an inverter, not in parallel, not in series, coming together at the inverter terminals, will I get 2C x 200A? Without trying to chase fractions around it looks like I can get max 8 amps of 120V AC out of 1 battery. If this works I would get max 16. A 2000W inverter should just handle it. Again not worrying about inverter efficiency or chasing small numbers for the moment.

If the batteries are connected together at the inverter terminals they are in parallel. Two batteries in parallel will give you twice the current capability, so you can take twice the AC power, yes. Your notation is a bit odd, we would normally say 100Ah @ 1C, i.e. discharge 100Ah at 100A for 1h. So 2x 100Ah in parallel gives 200Ah @ 1C i.e. discharge 200Ah at 200A for 1h.

Reply to combing batteries in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net