coming arouind again? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss coming arouind again? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

I wasat elex the other week and a guy was demonstrating some wiring boxes,they are the latest thing he assured me, save using JB's on lighting if you don't want to do a 3 plate.Anyway they looked familiar to me and at home that night it occurred to me where I'd seen them before,back in the 70's an identical piece of kit was used on a lot of council houses in our area,I remember them because the downstairs one was always on the top of the stairs.Basically its a box with a load of terminals in and all the lighting cables go back to this instead of being jointed in the rose,funny howc things have a habit of reappearing isn't it?
[ElectriciansForums.net] coming arouind again?

Good bit of kit, used to use something similar when rewiring social housing, yes you are correct what comes around years after it went out of fashion, the simple ones are the best, although there are some who don't like JBs under the floor, can't think why as long as the trap in the flooring is marked correctly, then the JB is accessible isn't it???

I’ve used octopus wiring. Once you get used to it, it’s not bad.
I did use a modern JB fitted with Weidmuller terminals. It suited what I was doing at the time.

Agreed - definitely a benefit to having single cable twin to luminaires etc - the central joint box beats feeding switches (providing it's classed as accessible)

Can't beat three plate especially when it comes to additions

You want to bet? Each rose has just a single cable. As for adding to the circuit, you must be a masochist if you think cramming 4 x T+E in a rose is better.

Octopus suited what I was doing at the time. If you’ve not used the system who are you to comment?

It does use more cable, alterations are a doddle if you know what you're doing.

You want to bet? Each rose has just a single cable. As for adding to the circuit, you must be a masochist if you think cramming 4 x T+E in a rose is better.

Octopus suited what I was doing at the time. If you’ve not used the system who are you to comment?

It does use more cable, alterations are a doddle.

?

3. In,out and sw

I would always leave perminant l at switch for future use.

Reply to coming arouind again? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net