Commercial work | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Commercial work in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ajdeath

HI, I need to know if i can do commercial work. I have joined up with ELECSA Full scope but I think it only covers domestic. Is it still ok for me to do commercial work? As ive got to look at a job next week so could do with knowing. Thanks

You dont need to be registered with anyone to do commercial work.

However, you should make sure your client is aware because they may want an NICEIC approved contractor or similar to carry out the work.

Elecsa Full scope only covers domestic installation and as far as I know is suited for fully qualified electricians already.

As said before, you don't have to belong to an organisation, but the Commercial customers I have insist on fully qualified electricians and the correct liability insurance.

HI, I need to know if i can do commercial work. I have joined up with ELECSA Full scope but I think it only covers domestic. Is it still ok for me to do commercial work? As I've got to look at a job next week so could do with knowing. Thanks

Yesterday I spoke to the ECA and the NICEIC concerning membership and today I spoke to ELECSA on the same subject.

I was informed by the ELECSA that getting ECA membership would be better for me as the majority of the work I carry out is more industrial/commercial rather than domestic. As the ELECSA is the little brother of the ECA I would suggest you ask the Tech support section of the ELECSA and they will point you in the right direction. (I don't know your background and experience so I can't say if you are capable of the type of work discussed)

Personally I would treat it as another installation and carryon, then you will be able to upgrade your membership to full ECA with part P as a bolt on

costs
ECS membership (with turnover upto £150k = £410 +vat per year (pro rata)
ECS membership (with turnover over £250k = £585 +vat per year (pro rata)
Part P membership for ELECSA £414 inc vat

NICEIC membership
Domestic Installer £425.50 inc vat
Full membership £494.50 inc vat

I hope this helps and doesn't cloud the issue

Richard

Reply to Commercial work in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net