Commerical kitchen. RCD requirements. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Commerical kitchen. RCD requirements. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

clarky75

Hello all,
I am currently working oversea's and am inspecting a large commercial kichen. My question is what, if anything is required to have rcd protectionas per 7671. I would consider the kitchen a wet location due to the amount of water on the floor. Is it just sockets and water heaters, or do we go further and include all equipment? Sorry if this is a dumb question but i've been out of the loop, working to the NEC for too long:eek:
Thanks.

Probably come to regret this but I will stick my neck out :eek::D

Firstly what part of the world are you working in as local regulations will dictate any requirements but I would Err on the safe side & either fit RCBO's or Rcd's. As you have said its a wet environment, lots of metal work & its unlikely that a competent person will be constantly around.

Now for the incomming sniper fire to shoot me down:eek::D:rolleyes:

All socket outlets must now be protected by a 30mA RCD, unless under the supervision of a skilled or instructed person.

Plus if any cables are buried in a wall <50mm will also require one on its circuit, lighting switch drops for eg.

All socket outlets must now be protected by a 30mA RCD, unless under the supervision of a skilled or instructed person.

Plus if any cables are buried in a wall <50mm will also require one on its circuit, lighting switch drops for eg.

Many thanks. Didn't want to direct the cilent into any costly unnecessary work. Just what i was after.
Regards.

Reply to Commerical kitchen. RCD requirements. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net