Communal areas of flats commercial or residential. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Communal areas of flats commercial or residential. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
So a couple years ago I decided to drop my NAPIT cover as I found I was doing more commercial work and the amount of profit I made from notifiable jobs was about the same as the cost of membership so I would be better off not bothering doing those jobs..

I had a job the other day where there was no lighting in communal area of flats, turned out the DNO cable was dead, DNO have temporarily connected it to a flat supply but they want to run a new cable and potentially move the position of the head, there is only 4 lights (Total 8 flats) over 2 floors in the communal area so the communal supply is just one circuit. Potentially looking at new board near the new head then adaptable box in place of current consumer unit and extend lighting circuit to new consumer unit.

Can anyone say with certanty is this Residential and so needs a building compliance certificate or is it commercial and not needed?

According to this it falls under the scope of Part P.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Communal areas of flats commercial or residential.

Reply to Communal areas of flats commercial or residential. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Written in clauses are essential, but should be fairly standard fare to a solicitor. A similar situation exists around where I live with regard to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
From memory I think 3 core SWA at 16mm can carry around 97A, and 25mm 124A when clipped direct, but would need derating if in a ducting or buried...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This can be done. First you need a new MPAN number for the other meter. You will need to split the supply and feed SWA to upstairs coming off a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, that is part of a different earthing system, don't mix the different earthing systems unless you have given proper engineering consideration...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of estimating the electrical demand for a new construction development that will consist of an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks