Concrete subfloor leveling issue Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Cat213
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 73

Discuss Concrete subfloor leveling issue Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Concrete subfloor leveling issue

Hi -

I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and instead of using mortar to even out any glue that was stuck on or sand off, I used a thin layer of self leveler. I mixed it correctly but for some reason still wasn’t level so I tried grinding it with an angle grinder attachment. Made it worse. Poured again. Also made it worse.

I ripped out the existing vanity as seen in the image and there’s now 1/4 inch from vanity bottom to new subfloor with concrete.

My question is:

If I try to fix one last time, should I try to sand down to Original subfloor and hopefully attach whatever I’m using to a shop vac for dust?

Do I do another pour to level up to the 1/4 inch and sand the existing pours down a bit then pour again?

Even with a laser level it’s very hard to tell where slight dips or rigids are so it’s almost impossible for me to sand my hand down to flat,

Other option… should I just hire someone for this? And how much do you think it would cost? (Trying to save $)

Concrete subfloor leveling issue for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to Concrete subfloor leveling issue Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

G
  • Article
Waterproofing options for new shower room Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am renovating an...
Replies
Views
Givey Tago
G
J
  • Article
Levelling compound. Multiple layers Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our house. It's...
Replies
Views
Jrterror
J
R
  • Article
Ardex Na / 77 and decoupling membrane Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in our renovated kitchen tomorrow. Tiles are 450x450x10 porcelain...
Replies
Views
redchair
R
D
  • Article
Advice needed regarding sealing? Or Are these tiles faulty? I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to...
Replies
Views
drowninginit
D
P
  • Article
Porcelain tiles potentially over weight limit: is this a big issue? Without thinking too much about it (DIY job), we bought these tiles, and now...
Replies
Views
poiupp
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks